A Historical Glimpse
On July 11, 2009 over 40 people met at the home of Pastor and Lady Hines for prayer and support of a vision given to the Pastor by God.
During that meeting there was praying, spiritual singing and the presence of God felt among us. Pastor Hines shared in-depth, the things that God has been revealing to him. Through that meeting God give birth to a new congregation.
On July 12, 2009 Pastor Hines resigned from College Hill M.B. Church in pursuit of a new vision of an uncomplicated Church, a Church of Kingdom Witnesses, Kingdom Worshipers, and Kingdom Workers (St. John 4). Christ Tabernacle Church (CTC) started its humble beginnings with a strong faith in God and a powerful will to serve him.
Having no building, furniture or equipment, Pastor Hines and those members that believed stepped out on Faith in preparing for the first service to take place on August 2, 2009. So, they only had 19 days in which to accomplish the following goals:
- Legalized our name (Christ Tabernacle Church)
- Located and Renovated an Insurance Building at (4915 I-55 North, Suite 400-D, Jackson, MS) and turned it into a house of Worship
- Signed the Lease
- A family searched on eBay and purchased an Oak Pulpit, 24 Pews, a Communion Table, and Flower Banisters for only $99.00. They journeyed to Garland, TX to pick it up
- Office Furniture and Equipment was donated to the Church from various Contributors
- Cleaning and Decorating of the Church
- The first Open House for Christ Tabernacle Church was held on Saturday August 1, 2009
A large number of people played a significant role in these accomplishments and this page is only a historical glimpse; their names are recorded in the permanent sequences of the church's history. By the Grace of God, the first worship service took place as planned on Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 8:00 a.m. with over 40 new members in attendance.
By November, God blessed CTC to organize over 15 ministries and grew to a membership to over 240 members, which required CTC to expand its facility. Therefore, in January 2010, additional seating for 75 people was added.
In the first year, we witnessed many firsts: The first person saved, deliverance of cancer, children/youth dance ministry, mime ministry, summer vacation bible school, 80+ in bible study classes, missions relief (Haiti). A CTC T-shirt with a logo was even designed, two television commercials, health and wellness fair picnic and church bus trips just to name a few.
In the second year, the Church grew to over 400 members and plans began towards the purchase of a new church facility.
On April 18, 2011, God through his favor blessed CTC to move into a new facility where we are presently located at 1201 Cooper Rd, Jackson, MS where we have a:
- Split plan Brick Building sitting on 22 Acres
- 400+ Seated Sanctuary
- Children Church
- Over 10 Classrooms
- 6 Offices, 2 Kitchens
- Health and Wellness Room and much more.
- Triangle of Hope CDC (Community Development Corporation)
- CTC Summer Camp
Triangle Of Hope CDC, 2013-17 Highlights
- Executive Board Established
- CDC Survey Results Revealed
- MS Housing Partnership Workshop
- University of Southern MS/Institute for Disability Studies/City of Jackson
- Allstate Insurance Company
- Retirement/Insurance Planning
- Veterans Day Celebration
- CDC email address established
- CDC White Polo T Shirts w/logo
- Six Week Financial Literacy Class /w BankPlus
- Affordable Health Care Act (Obama Care) Enrollment
- Insurance Workshop
- Mortgage Financing/Credit Repair Workshop
- Received 501c3 status
- Hosted 1st Golf Tournament
- Established the Abundant Life LLC (Crisis Counseling Center)
- Established the Backs LLC (Post-released Ministry for persons who were previously incarcerated)
- Supported The Outreach Ministry Mission
- 2016 Income Tax Preparation & Filing
- Hosted 2nd Golf Tournament in Remembrance of Clarence James
- Social Security Administration Information Education and Training Workshop
CTC Learning Academy
- 2014 & 2016 Summer Camp
- Daycare/After School Program/Summer Camp, Licensed in 2016
- 1st Major Theatrical Production of “The Wiz”, Summer 2016
CTC has plans under way for the:
- CTC New Breed Academy - Phase I (K-3) Phase II (K-6) Phase III (K-12)
- CTC New Breed College
- CTC Credit Union
CTC 7 Satellite Churches Initiatives
- CTC Greenville Church 1826 Smith Street Greenville, MS –opening August 2017
- CTC Clarksdale Church -
- CTC Grenada Church-
- CTC Meridian Church-
- CTC Hattiesburg Church-
- CTC McComb Church-
- CTC Biloxi Church-
Presently, there are over 1300 members and over 40 Ministries. We are moving forward in obedience to the will of God and becoming “A New Breed of Believers” with A Biblical World’s View. (St. John 14:12-14) We know eyes haven’t seen, ears haven’t heard neither have it entered into the hearts of people the things that GOD has prepared for us. I Corinthians 2: 9-10. We will continue through “The Tabernacle Experience” to become better Kingdom Witnesses, Kingdom Workers, and Kingdom Worshipers. (St. John 4)